"Pura Vida", The Spirit of Costa Rica

Costa Rica lies in the middle of Central America and is indeed, a unique natural wonder. It's a small country similar in size to the Netherlands, In fact, with its tropical forests, volcanoes and pleasant beaches full of palm trees, it's a big open air zoo. Any moment you can hear the beautiful songs of birds and the chirping of the insects. Costa Rica has more species of animals and plants than any other country in the world. With its Latin American mix of music, adventure and relaxation, you will never be bored. And last, but not least, with no army, it is one of the most peaceful and democratic countries in the region, contact us directly for more tour information.

Best advice

Keep an open mind. Be flexible, patient and adventurous but always use common sense and good judgement in your decisions.

What are the main tourist destinations?

Arenal VolcanoArenal volcano, Corcovado area, Monteverde, Gulf of Papagayo, Manuel Antonio Park, the Southern Caribbean, beaches; Conchal, Flamingo, Tambor, Jaco, Tamarindo, and the Tortuguero Canals.

How long can I visit?

You can stay for up to 90 days. Then you must leave the country for at least 72 hours before returning for another 90 days.

Visa requirements

Visitors from the following countries are allowed to stay for 90 days without a visa:

Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Israel, Japan, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, United States and all European countries except Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Czech Republics, Iceland, Ireland, Lithuania, Malta, Slovakia and Slovenia.

Visitors from these countries are allowed to stay for 30 days without a visa:

Australia, Belize, China, Guatemala, Honduras, Iceland, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, The Philippines and Venezuela.

Will I be safe?

PapagayoThe fact that more than one million tourists visit Costa Rica each year does not happen by chance. Nevertheless, as in any other country, always use caution and good judgement. The Costa Ricans are a very friendly and helpful people but some types take advantage of this reputation and get tourists and residents to lower their guard. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash or important documents. Leave your passport in the hotel safe and make a copy. Stay alert, thieves usually distract their victims. Never leave luggage, cameras, bags or other possessions unattended in public places, restaurants, taxis or buses. Never leave anything of value in a parked car, even if it's locked.

Education:
Costa Rica has the highest literacy rate in Latin America (95%) and 20% of the national budget goes toward education. Elementary school is free and obligatory. Around 70% of secondary education is provided by public high schools, the other 30% by accredited private schools. Many national and international universities offer a variety of degrees in different majors. There are also some schools that offer a North American or European education from pre-kinder through high school.

Are there clubs for foreigners?

Yes, there are many, many clubs throughout the Central Valley and some beach areas. You will find the club you are looking for. If not, you can easily start your own.

Executive Garden Resort Rent : $ 1,400 / month
Detail Ciudad Colon, 5 apartments in town Amazing Property Price : $ 325,000
Detail Avalon Country Club condo Price : $ 165,000
Detail Puriscal, 3.5 acres with house Bargain Property Price : $ 200,000
Detail Puriscal, casa amueblada, 1 hab. 1 bano Furnished Price : $ 105,000
Detail 21.5 acres in Puriscal Price : $ 1,900,000
Avalon Country Club, Santa Ana, amueblado (2) Furnished Rent : $ 1,000 / month
Detail Avalon Country Club, Santa Ana, amueblado Furnished Price : $ 155,000